Being my first post in this category I am sharing my latest try and so far my best tried recipes on cooking. After having moved to Torino, Italy since a couple of months, it is natural to try on an Italian cuisine. But am an upside down person-precisely a mess. Hahaha..lol! Shared below is one recipe that tempted me a lot to try when my sister-in-law Dr.Shalini tried casually not knowing that she is going to inspire me a lot to try it at once.
Basmati rice- 1.5 cups
Clean and soak it for 1/2 an hour
Onions- medium sized 2 Cut length wise
Tomato-medium size 2 Cut and chopped
Green chillies- 2 Cut lengthwise
Ginger garlic paste-1 tblspn
Eggs- 3 Hardboiled and peeled
Eggs-3 more (I used egg whites only)
Lemon juice-2 tblspn
Biriyani masala- 1 tblspn
Garam masala- 1 tblspn
Red chilli powder- 1/2 tblspn
Turmeric powder- as reqd.
Salt- to taste
Oil & Ghee
- Scramble the eggs sprinkling turmeric, salt and pepper and put it aside
- Cut lengthwise the hardboiled peeled eggs and shallow fry to get a little golden colour and set it aside.
- Parallely, in a kadai pour a tea spoon ghee and a tblspoon of oil.
- Put 3/4 of the cut onions and fry until they caramelise.
- Put the slit green chillies
- Fry for a minute followed by ginger garlic paste.
- Fry until raw smell oozes away
- Put the cut tomatoes and fry until they are mashy. Add reqd salt.
- Put the biriyani masala, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Fry for a minute or three.
- Put the yoghurt. Simmer and fry the masala until oil oozes out.
- Set it aside and when it is warm and cool pour the lemon juice and leave it
- Boil and cook the basmati rice with turmeric powder, salt , garam masala and jeera.
- When it is 3/4 cooked drain the water. Save a little water to mix it with the masala (which might be a paste after cooling down)
- Let the rice cool and dont allow it to be sticky. Fry the 1/4 onion separately.
- Grease In a big mouth vessel with oil.
Layers for Dum:
- Spread out half of the boiled rice
- Spread out the masala
- Spread the scrambled egg
- Spread the rest half of the boiled rice
- Arrange the boiled eggs
- Arrange the fried onions(14).
- Sprinkle the Coriander leaves
- Cover with a Aluminium foil
- Lid it over the foil and ensure no steam escapes.
- Leave it in medium for 20 minutes.
Yum..yumm..Yummy! Dum biriyani is ready flake it out with a fork and mix the masala layers while serving it for a meal.
That is my husband’s hand who couldn’t resist in patience anymore because the aroma was killing!